Having three kids can be a wonderful, crazy experience!! There are times I find myself pulling my hair out due to the antics they pull. There are times when I find myself in awe of how they are growing up.
Times will come when they will need guidance and I may not be available to provide it. So, I decided to post some life-lessons on my blog for them to refer to, as needed. As I think of more, I’ll add them to the list. Make sure you check back for updates!!
1. For goodness sake, please wear clean underwear daily!! You never know when you’ll be in an accident.
2. When in doubt, DON’T!! Your great-grandma used to say this, I’m told. I have followed this advice and never regretted it.
3. Listen for that still small voice when you need guidance. It’s God talking to you! You won’t go wrong if you listen to Him.
4. When you feel you don’t have the strength to do something, remember Phil. 4:13 “I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me”. Your Grandma E. instilled that verse in me all through school and it has given me strength to this day.
5. Take care of each other. You will know each other longer than you will know anyone in any other relationship you have. Longer than you know: Your dad and I, your future spouse and your future children.
6. Don’t put anything, smaller than your elbow, in your ear!
7. When you have a dream, follow it! Don’t quit!
8. Find your passion and live it! If your job/career involves something you are passionate about, it will never seem like work.
9. Two wrongs don’t make a right.
10. Let God handle retribution. Remember, though, it probably will not be done in your time frame and this is where patience comes into play. God will handle it when the time is right and in the way He sees fit.
11. When cooking in the kitchen, clean up the mess as you go. It will make the task a lot less daunting than waiting to clean up at the end of the meal.
Most importantly, remember the lesson of John 3:16 and to believe what Christ did for you: “For God so loved the world that He gave his only begotten Son. That whosoever believeth in Him, shall not perish, but have everlasting life.”
I love you, my Babies!!